I get asked that question a lot it seems, and it’s kind of a loaded question. My answer is usually, “It depends.”.
But actually, after you build a couple of websites you will find that for the most part they have the same basic framework and most websites are the same steps repeated over and over.
So building a website using Dreamweaver might look something like this:
- Purchase Domain Name
- Purchase Hosting
- Create a FTP account
- Setup a Adobe Dreamweaver site definition
- Create page design in Adobe Fireworks
- Convert page design to Dreamweaver template
- Create new page using template
- Push web page to web server
- Test in multiple browsers
- Repeat steps 7-9 until website is complete
That might seem like a lot of steps, but you will find that none of them are particularly hard. Especially after you have had a bit of practice.
Over the next couple of days I will break those steps down for you so they don’t seem so daunting.